One of Newport's product development and evaluation projects consisted of Clinched Connections for Steel Framing.
|Clinching tool used for steel framing
||Wall section in home under construction
||Double stud assembly at panel facility
Newport's findings were:
- Clinching tools have limited application on site
- Opportunities exist for cost-effective use at the panel facility
- Initial findings from the field study show:
- As much as $30,000 net gain for each laborer in first year
- Simple payback on tool of 11 weeks
- Two to three times the savings if required to use stainless steel screw
Contact us if you have product that needs development and/or evaluation.