Newport Partners has extensive experience working on code and standards development. We have served on standard development groups, attended governing body’s meetings on behalf of a client, and analyzed codes and standards for clients. Newport has experience with all major code bodies, such as the IRC, USGBC, and ASHRAE.
Our clients are interested in codes for many reasons including:
- Identify potential code issues to new product introduction
- Discover how a product is treated in green standards, such as LEED and NAHB-G
- Evaluate recent code changes to ensure a product(s) will still conform
- Present a code change at a code hearing
- Newport often conducts the background research necessary to ensure all committee members understand the issues surrounding the proposed change.
Contact Newport if you need help navigating a building code or standard.
Newport Partners’ staff has been involved in code work for many years and holds all client and product information in confidence.