- Newport's Project - DOE Challenge Home - Getting Press Coverage - November 2013. It's an exciting month for the U.S. Department of Energy's Challenge Home program. The program, launched just over a year ago, is having an impact much larger than it's diminutive size. These homes meet rigorous DOE Challenge Home National Program Requirements and are verified by a qualified third-party to be at least 40%-50% more energy efficient than a typical new home. Read more...
- HomeAid Washington DC Completes Energy Efficiency Retrofit Project for Community Connections - December 20, 2012. HomeAid Washington DC (HomeAid DC), a nonprofit charitable construction program affiliated with the Home Builders Care Foundation and the Maryland-National Capital Building Industry Association (MNCBIA), completed a noteworthy energy efficiency retrofit project this week at a six-unit apartment building owned and operated by Community Connections. HomeAid DC received key technical support for the project from Newport Partners LLC to complete the green, energy saving HVAC system replacement in the building. Read the press release...
Read more on Retrofits - Case Study: Group Home Energy Efficiency Retrofit for 30% Energy Savings
- Winners from Commercial Plumbing Innovation Survey
- November 28, 2012. Congratulations to Jon Harmer of New Gloucester, Maine and Chris Wisinski of Chicago, IL. They won iPads from a random drawing of folks who completed a survey on commercial plumbing innovation.
More Newport News
- New Report Shows Moving Displaced Families Back Home Quickly Key to Disaster Rebuilding, August 23rd, 2012. With Hurricane Isaac fast approaching the southeast and wildfires in the west decimating over hundreds of homes, a new report, Strategies for Incremental Reconstruction of Disaster Damaged Homes, funded by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), outlines strategies for rebuilding after natural disasters quickly and reducing displacement. Read more...
- Following Severe Weather HUD Releases New Disaster-Proofing Building Guide, March 5th, 2012. Newport Partners, LLC, a Maryland-based consulting firm, recently announced the initial results of a U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development-funded research project, Safer, Stronger Homes: Reducing Your Risk During a Natural Disaster. Read More...